***JUST ANNOUNCED*** Old Music For Old People - Crowbar Sydney 18+
Described as ‘one of the top three covers bands who specialise in mid 90’s punk rock covers bands’ he’d ever seen by Stu Harvey, and ‘like a bunch of heavy set drunk uncles playing the music of THEIR heyday at their nephews 21st’ by some random reviewer - OLD MUSIC FOR OLD PEOPLE play a bunch of - you guessed it - mid 90’s punk rock covers. Relive all the classic jams by bands like face to face, nofx, rancid, millencolin and all those other bands who still seem to be flogging a well worn out horse!
Supported by Hack the Mainframe, The Great Awake & Hatakaze Front Bar Acosutics from 5pm with Brothers Nude, Josh Arentz, Ess-Em(solo) & Vetty Vials(solo)
SATURDAY 5TH JANUARY Doors 8PM - Front Bar open from 11am Tickets available at www.crowbarsyd.com CROWBAR SYDNEY 18+ ...
Pagan have given us their 5 commandments for you all to survive our NYE party! Take note and party hard!
PAGAN’S 5 COMMANDMENTS FOR SURVIVING NEW YEARS EVE AT CROWBAR:
1. THOU SHALT PARTY ONLY ON A FULL STOMACH First, and most importantly, it is absolutely imperative that you fill your belly with a delicious, hearty meal before any activity pertaining to partying should take place. Much like our mothers and grandmothers before us, we of the Pagan Cult have a zero tolerance policy when it comes to people who don’t eat properly. Crowbar Sydney is situated in Leichhardt, which is known as Sydney’s “Little Italy” district, so you pretty much have no excuse for filling up on a delicious parpadelle napoli or cacio e pepe before you make your way over to the show.
2. THOU SHALT NOT WORSHIP SHIT BEERS (an introduction to Aperitifs, Digestivi and good beers) Yeah look, it’s all well and good to fuck yourself up on 37 shit beers and feeling like shit afterwards. But let us, Pagan, introduce you to the world of Aperitifs and Digestivi! These are liquors that not only get you heaps pissed heaps quick, but the herbal nature of these drinks make them excellent for the stomach. Our dear family at Crowbar have an excellent selection of such spirits that can be used to make superb cocktails which will keep you feeling fine and respectable! Start yourself out on a refreshing Negroni if you’re new to the game!
3. LOVE THY DRUMMER. BRING MATT A BIRTHDAY PRESENT The beautiful saint, Rosanna Marasco gave birth to a happy, healthy, red-haired bundle of joy that she named “Matthew Giuseppe” on New Years Day, 1986. As a result, no one gives a fuck about our drummer’s birthday each year, so we try to make him feel special each year by having a party and giving him a cake and a gift at the stroke of midnight while everyone is kissing each other happy new year. This year, you can help celebrate Matt’s birthday too, by bringing him a special gift. He likes books on metaphysics and aesthetics, 35mm film, good cheese and wet wipes.
4. THOU SHALT DRESS TO THE NINES A sick outfit is like wearing a sexy suit of armour to fight off the fire breathing dragon that is insecurity and social anxiety. Maybe pick yourself up some nice pleated trousers and a slick new shirt, or perhaps a dazzling frock and fancy shoes. You’ll feel good and as a result, you’ll make everyone around you feel good and maybe you will get a little baci from that special someone at the stroke of midnight! Some other things that are very sexy are nice smelling fragrances to cover the smell of cigarette and shame, big hairspray-induced hair styles that defy the laws of gravity, and of course, your shiny gold chain and crucifix that you only wear on very special occasions.
5. THOU AND THOU MATES WILL GET HYPED TO OUR PRE DRINK PLAYLIST. NO FALSE IDOLS! Don’t worry babes, Pagan has got you covered! The Church of Black Wash has put together this flawless playlist of approved party hymns (née. bangers) to get you and your buddies in the mood when you’re all hanging out at someone’s house in Stanmore slamming down pre-drink vodka sodas and Prosecco. Turn this motherfucker up and let’s get spicy...
PAGAN x CROWBAR SYDNEY NYE playlist is available here: tinyurl.com/paganxcrowbar
***JUST ANNOUNCED*** Cosmic Psychos - Crowbar Syndey 18+ With ARSE and LUCY & THE RATS
Known for their hard drinking behaviour and vulgar lyrics, the Cosmic Psychos are headed straight for Crowbar Sydney to help celebrate the opening week the only way they know how! Lots of Beers & Jack Daniel's!
Along for the ride Sydney local cooked punks ARSE and direct for the UK, Lucy and the Rats! Featuring Lucy Spazzy.
FRIDAY 4TH JANUARY Doors 8PM - Tickets available at www.crowbarsyd.com CROWBAR SYDNEY 18+ ...